I’ve seen this tag on Night Train Books blog and decided to give it a go even if I wasn’t tagged because it looks so fun to do to wait for someone to tag me before I do it. 😀 It was just like the Burn, Rewrite, or Reread Booktag only your options are “Burn, Burn, Burn.” Let’s get this going! *evil grins*
1) An Over-Hyped Book: Let’s start this off with a Zombie Apocalypse! Let’s say you’re in a book store, just browsing, when BAM! ZOMBIE ATTACK. An announcement comes over the PA System saying that the military has discovered that the zombies’ only weakness is over-hyped books. What book that everyone else says is amazing but you really hated do you start chucking at the zombies knowing that it will count as an over-hyped book and successfully wipe them out?!
– Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. Oh yes. I remember this book circling all over Instagram as the movie comes out. AND I remember jumping right into it expecting a lot. AND I also remember regretting reading it. THIS BOOK PUT ME INTO A HELLISH BOOK SLUMP. AND the movie was not to discussed. A lot of people loved it but I’m one on the other side who just didn’t. I guess this is just one of those books where if you love it, you love it, but if you don’t, you don’t. AND I didn’t.
2) A Sequel: Let’s say you’ve just left the salon with a SMASHING new haircut and BOOM: Torrential downpour. What sequel are you willing to use as an umbrella to protect yourself?
– The Scorch Trials. Not just it, rather the whole series. I only read The Maze Runner and the half of The Scorch Trials and it’s enough for me to hate it. Thomas, the main protagonist, and a whole lot more aspects of the book just didn’t work out for me. Though, I like the movie adaptations. I can say they’re even better than the book, The Maze Runner, at least.
(HERE WE HAVE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE *heart eyes*)
3) A Classic: Let’s say you’re in a lecture and your English teacher is going on and on about how this classic changed the world, how it revolutionized literature and you get so sick of it that you chuck the classic right at his face because you know what? This classic is stupid and it’s worth detention just to show everyone how you feel! What Classic did you chuck?
– I HAVEN’T READ ANY CLASSICS YET. There. *sighs* Okay, I’ve read a couple in our English class, but I don’t really count it as reading. I’m messed up, I know. I’m currently reading Wuthering Heights as of now though.
4) Your Least Favourite Book of Life!: Let’s say that you’re hanging out at the library when BAM global warming explodes and the world outside becomes a frozen wasteland. You’re trapped and your only chance for survival is to burn a book. What is the book you first run to, your least favourite book of all life, what book do you not fully regret lighting?
– Eclipse. Haters gonna hate, but I’m a huge fan of the Twilight series, both books and films. Eclipse, though. God I hate that book, I literally threw it across my room after I read it. The movie was no better. Whenever I marathon the series, I always skip Eclipse.
There you have it! 😀 Just want to remind you that these are just my mere opinions. How about you, what books are you willing to sacrifice?
I’m tagging everyone who wants to do it!